Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Easy Listening

I’m being tortured. You know how I said the Bachelors were on board? Well, I never liked the Bachelors in their heyday, and certainly wasn’t going to spend any of my time on holiday listening to their sickly songs – and that was before I heard someone coming out of one of their shows saying that they’d heard better karaoke. Anyway, it seems that the people in the next cabin to ours must have liked the show so much that they’ve bought the CD, as the mournful sounds of ‘Diane’ and ‘I believe’ are permeating the walls as I type. Fingers in ears... la la la la la ... ah that’s better.

Janet
7pm Monday 5th January

p.s. Can you remember the names of the Bachelors in the 60’s? They were Dec and Con McCluskey, and ‘the other one who stood at the back’. Apparently the group now consists of ‘the other one who stood at the back’ plus two more recent members who aren’t dead at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a coincidence as my friend Mal was chatted up by him in a bar in Manchester just before Christmas - he is John Stokes. She declined his offer !!
    Looked at the webcamm this am and the sea looked lovely and smooth.
    Enjoy your last couple of nights
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure the other two aren't dead at the moment? And now I've got 'Diane' on the brain! Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete